Pages tagged "Solution"
Australian Coal Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about Australian coal and its impacts. If you have suggestions for more questions we could answer, please email [email protected]
- What is Australia’s contribution to global emissions?
- What does climate science mean for Australia’s coal?
- What do Australia’s international climate obligations mean for coal?
- How much coal does Australia export?
- How many coal mines are there in Australia?
- How many coal projects are proposed for Australia?
- Which countries buy Australia’s coal?
- How will Australia keep the lights on without coal?
- Don’t we need coal for steel production?
- What’s happening with Adani’s Carmichael mine?
- What will Labor’s Climate Bill mean for coal emissions?
- How many coal mines are currently waiting for federal approval?
- Why aren’t climate impacts considered in environmental approvals for coal mines?
- What is state capture and what role does the mining lobby play?
- What is the scale of the coal industry’s political donations?
- How much tax do coal corporations pay?
- How much do coal corporations get in public subsidies?
- How many people does the coal industry employ?
- Why are First Nations rights key for achieving climate justice?
- Why do coal corporations get away with destroying cultural heritage?
- What are “veto rights” and why are First Nations people calling for them?
- How can we support workers and communities with a just transition beyond coal?
- What is a Transition Authority and why are workers calling for it?